Sunday, May 4, 2008

Are we there yet?

It seems like we have been in a whirl for several months. I have been in tax season for so long, that I don't know how to act now that it is over. Since April 15th we have had Amanda here for a second week. We gave Shayla a shower on Tues. it was really fun. Amanda did all the work, so it was totally fun for me.

On Fri Amanda, Lizzy, Paul, Jamie, Gabraylie and I went to Lizzy & Braylie's dance competition in Cedar City. Fri night Lizzy performed her solo "You can't stop the beat". This was the 3rd time she has performed it, it was, by far, her BEST!!! It is a very fast paced dance and she blasted through full throttle all the way to the end. Friends came to report that they overheard people saying they couldn't believe the intensity level and skill level combined. She did very well and I was very proud of her.

We came home from Cedar City and Amanda had to fly back on Sunday night. Jared's spring break only overlapped by 2 days with Amanda's so Jared flew in on Sat morning to be here for his mom's birthday and his dad's graduation. So Amanda passed Pauly off to Jared and she went home to work and Jared stayed here all week with Paul. I weaseled him in to leaving Pauly here on Wed, Thur, and Friday. I took the days off from work and just had a great time with Paul. He is so fun! He is very easy going and easy to please. Everything makes him laugh, but especially the dog. He spends several minutes trying to get to the dog and then the dog gets up and walks away.

Anyway, they left yesterday morning and I miss him terribly! I'm always prowling airfare deals to go see him, or have him (and his parents, of course) come here.

Now that tax season is over and the Millers are gone home, I am expecting to get the house in order for a change, but that will have to wait, cause I'm having bunion surgery on Wed. It will only be a couple of days off my feet and then........I really am going to get this house in ORDER!!!!! I mean it! Even if I have to do the "Sylvia-haul-trailers-of-crap-to-DI/the dump" routine.

5 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

Lizzy did do awesome on her solo. I was blown away. Isn't it just so much fun being a dance mom?

coryshay said...

The shower was awesome... thanks again to the two of you. I'm going to have to burn a CD of all the pictures, because there's some really cute ones of pauly. I thought you were going to be out for weeks? Well, a few days isn't so bad, eh? I've been doing the getting the house in order thing lately (mostly to make room for all the billions of baby things in our house now) and I must say it's very liberating to take bagfuls to DI and kiss it goodbye! :)

Amanda Miller said...

Thanks again for watching Pauly, he had a great time. Wish I could be there to help while you are on the couch watching movies!

Chelsea and Tyson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea and Tyson said...

Yay, I tag Renae. See my blog for details